The following ATI Hanging Kit guide can be used for all ATI fixtures, including the Straton, LED Powermodule, SunPower, and Dimmable SunPower. Once the hanging kit is installed, raise and lower the fixture with ease using the built-in gripper.
Step 1 – Check Tools and Hardware:
Check the kit to make sure it includes all the needed hardware and collect the necessary tools.
Each hanging kit includes the following:
- 2x Hanging Wires
- 2x Female End Connectors
- 2x Male End Connectors
- 2x 1” Washers
- 2x Drywall Anchor Toggles
- 2x 3” Toggle Bolts
Additional items and tools needed:
- Standard Flat-head Screwdriver
- Drill with ½” Bit
- Stud Finder (If available)
- 2x 1” Number 8 Size Wood Screws (Only required if installing into a stud)
Step 2 – Preparation:
In most cases, you will hang the fixture centrally over the main body of the tank. Carefully measure the distance from the wall behind the tank to the center point (front to back) of your tank. Using the measurement you just made from the wall, mark a spot on the ceiling with some masking tape or pencil above the tank.
The width between the two holes in the ceiling should be the same as the fixture’s length (See chart below). Confirm the proper size by measuring the distance between the wires on each end of the fixture. Locate the two installation holes, so the fixture is centered over the tank from left to right. For example, an 80W fixture should be positioned approximately 7” in from the tank’s edge on a 72” long tank. After marking the hole locations, step back and do a visual inspection.
|Fixture individual lamp wattage
|Sunpower & Dimmable
Step 3 – Cover Tank:
Before drilling, lay a blanket or covering over the tank’s top to protect it from any debris.
Step 4 – Determine Installation Type (Stud or No Stud):
Using a stud finder, determine if the marked hole locations line up with a support beam or wood stud. If you don’t have a stud finder, tap in a small nail in the marked spots. If the nail goes in quickly and easily, there is likely no stud or beam at that location. Remove the nail. Most folks will not find a stud, and if you do not, don’t sweat it. Hanging the fixture using the supplied drywall anchors is perfectly safe.
Step 5 – Install Anchors into Ceiling:
If installing in a wood stud:
Refer to Configuration A (pictured right): Wood Screw, Female Connector, Washer
- First, use a wood screw following the Configuration A mounting set up shown in the image to the right.
- Next, install the screw until the washer and female connector are both snug flush against the ceiling.
- If the screw does not go in smoothly, use a drill to create a pilot hole.
If installing in the ceiling/drywall between the beams:
Please refer to Configuration B (pictured right): Bolt, Female Connector, Washer, Drywall Anchor Toggle.
- First, use a ½” drill bit and drill a hole through the drywall. Refer to Configuration B mounting set up shown on the right.
- Next, pinch the toggle wings down and push the bolt into the wall until the wings pop open on the other side.
- Finally, screw the bolt until the washer is snug flush against the ceiling. Please note: the wingtips should flex down towards the bolt head.
Step 6 – Hanging the Fixture:
- Thread the longer wire with the ball at the end through the male connector, with the ball ending up inside the male connector as demonstrated in the images displayed on the right.
(Refer to images 6A and 6B)
- Screw the male connector into the ceiling-mounted female connector.
(Refer to image 6C)
- Slide the hanging wire down through the pinch-style grip-lock attached to either side of the fixture and adjust to the appropriate height. If you need to lower the fixture, pinch the node on the top of the grip-lock to release the wire and lower the fixture to the desired height. (Refer to images 6D and 6E)
Please see our video below for a visual demonstration:
That should cover it! If you’re looking for additional tips and instructions on lighting height and mounting, please refer to our article here. Need any additional assistance or can’t find what you’re looking for? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help by clicking here.